An award-winning publisher with a digital platform that brings together authors, editors and readers to publish uniquely creative and innovative books are looking for a Finance Manager to be the lead finance contact for the team and suppliers.
The role is responsible for managing the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting. Reporting to the Finance & Operations General Manager you will be a decision-maker with demonstrable experience of identifying and leading process improvement and managing cash flow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your accounting skills in a unique, forward-thinking business evolving its business model in the exciting worlds of both crowdfunding and publishing.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet, profit & loss and budget comparisons
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Management of company bank accounts
- Production of annual budget and quarterly forecasts, working alongside SMEs
- Liaison with external accountants for preparation of annual accounts
- VAT returns – UK and Netherlands
- Oversight of weekly payment runs and invoice processing
- Submitting monthly payroll information to external accountants to process
- Provide management information and ad-hoc analysis as required
Qualifications and Experience
- CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW, ACA qualified
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Good MS Office skills, including advanced Excel
As part of a small and passionate team the right person is an agile communicator able to build strong relationships across the business to deliver insights and problem solve proactively. To best make an impact it is desirable that you have experience in publishing or SMEs with experience working with Xero accounting software and cloud-based expense and purchasing management software.
At Wonderful, we are dedicated to promoting diversity in all its forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes equal opportunities for wonderful people. We actively encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply and warmly welcome all individuals with exceptional abilities, irrespective of their background.
For more information about this role please send your CV to Kaylee - firstname.lastname@example.org