A flourishing independent publisher with a focus on genre and mass-market storytelling are looking for a commercially minded Publishing Director or Executive Publisher.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and lead an exciting and vital publishing force, making a great home for all types of interesting and saleable narrative non-fiction and wider fiction. Alongside a flagship non-fiction offering, the division will include a rebadged and innovative Adventure imprint and History list, with further scope and interest in potentially establishing other genre imprints.
- Work both with the agent community and as leader of a proactive, creative inhouse team to find and generate the best possible IP, developing that to its maximum commercial potential
- Grow the subject areas and audiences to include, for example, music, biography, memoir, nature and the environment, psychology, popular science, sport, humour, trivia
- Programme, help commission and manage a schedule of titles across imprints to meet title numbers and budgets
- Manage a team of talented editors and relations with the wider team and Group
- Personally commission between 8 and 12 books per year, with full support for those titles
- Be part of the company Executive Committee that focuses on the big issues and challenges, being a supportive and proactive part of the leadership structure
As an integral part of a small passionate team this role is a unique opportunity for the right person to shape and grow a far-reaching publishing programme. To best support the continued growth across all formats you will have demonstrable experience of developing a range of commercially successful titles across digital and print.
We would love to hear from you if the opportunity to make a difference and help develop a brand of publisher known for intelligence, quality, wit, and publishing zeal, is exciting to you!
At Wonderful, we are dedicated to promoting diversity in all its forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes equal opportunities for wonderful people. We actively encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply and warmly welcome all individuals with exceptional abilities, irrespective of their background.
For more information about this role please send your CV to Kaylee - email@example.com