Are you buzzing with ideas for gorgeous children’s books? Passionate about beautiful non-fiction, gifting and activity? Do you have an eye for new talent and are keen to hunt out the brightest new writers and illustrators?
A leading UK publisher is looking for an editor with a keen eye for design to join their market-leading children’s non-fiction team. This opportunity is truly unique in that it can be the right fit for a Mid-level Editor on a full-time basis, or a Senior Commissioning Editor, part-time, for three days per week. This role can really be shaped by you!
With its boutique range of illustrated gift books this imprint regularly collaborates with celebrated artists to create visually inspiring books for readers of all ages around the world. The role will cover a variety of illustrated book formats so experience of different age ranges and formats is necessary.
- Play an active part in new idea discussions, commissioning and acquiring titles
- Research and suggest ideas for the future publishing list, showing awareness of marketplace and trends
- Editorially guide and coordinate the books in line with the editorial and creative briefs
- Research, write, copy-edit and proofread a wide range of books across different formats and novelties
- Make sure all files are editorially accurate and to the required quality during all stages – final files, plotter and advance stages
- Make sure all books are produced to house style and fulfil the in-house brief
- Develop strong relationships with authors, agents and contributors
- Project-manage books in partnership with Design and Production, making sure key milestones are kept to and final files are supplied on time
- Liaise and manage 3rd-party contributors, including packagers, illustrators, authors and other freelance agents that are needed to create a project
- Draw up editorial project budgets and P&Ls for approval and negotiate fees with freelance staff
- Attend and present at regular new acquisitions meetings and sales meetings
At Wonderful Recruitment we provide opportunities for candidates to discover some of the most interesting and dynamic roles in the entertainment industry. For more information about this role please send your CV to - email@example.com.