Permanent, full-time position
Salary: Up to £27,000 depending on experience
Are you creative, passionate, and self-motivated with knowledge of international publishing and experience working within a Rights department?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Translation Rights Executive to join a boutique literary agency championing new voices and talent with the passion and dedication every writer deserves.
Working under the Head of International Rights, within a team of four, the Translation Rights Executive will be responsible for negotiating the sale of translation rights for authors in assigned territories, balancing the needs of a significant number of clients simultaneously, whilst maintaining excellent communication and attention to detail.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about books and has a good working knowledge of international publishing, who is confident and strategic in their approach to rights selling, and who brings humour, energy, enthusiasm, and a creative approach to all elements of their work.
Submissions, Negotiations and Client Care
- Build an in-depth knowledge of clients and titles.
- Possess an in-depth and extensive knowledge of international markets, ideally Scandinavia, Israel, Greece, Arabic countries.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and agents based on trust, speed and reliability and offer excellent client care.
- Read and comment on new material.
- Foster and maintain relationships with authors, publishers, co-agents and scouts.
- When requested to do so, write pitch letters, and submit material to the appropriate editors.
- Negotiate the best possible terms for the sale of rights in assigned markets.
- Help to ensure the website and rights catalogue are created and maintained to an excellent standard. When necessary update with new translation rights sales, reviews, information, and news stories according to style guidelines. Flag up items for the Translation Rights Department webpage and the monthly newsletter.
- Support the Rights Assistant in creating content for social media accounts to help in the promotion of the clients and their work.
- Field and handle permissions requests.
- Support requests and enquiries from clients, colleagues in other departments and other industry professionals.
Contracts, Accounts and Systems
- Process contracts, including: drafting and keeping track of contracts, entering contract information to databases.
- Negotiate terms, draft and keep track of contracts for clients following agent’s negotiations, and liaise with internal Contracts/Legal team.
- Managing process through to invoicing once commercials have been agreed with publishers.
- Ensure accurate recording of all new client details including bank details and tax status.
- Check and approve client statements when directed.
- Send reversion letters as required.
Office and department administration
- Arrange schedules for any foreign trips, Book Fairs and other events which includes arranging travel, accommodation, and publicity details for author promotion.
- Work closely with other members of the Translation Rights and Book Department teams, sharing information, ideas, and networks.
- Undertake general administrative tasks including but not limited to: maintaining manual and computerised filing system and records, entering information to the Company database, publishing charts, updating Excel spreadsheets, and producing reports.
If this sounds like your next role, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
At Wonderful, we are dedicated to promoting diversity in all its forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes equal opportunities for wonderful people. We actively encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply and warmly welcome all individuals with exceptional abilities, irrespective of their background.
We provide opportunities for candidates to discover some of the most interesting and dynamic roles in the publishing, toy, and entertainment industries.