Summer Publishing Intern (6-8 weeks)
Department: All Departments – Yale University Press London
Reporting to: Editorial Director, Trade & Academic
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week), Fixed-term contract
Salary: £21,749 per annum pro rata, plus travel allowance
As part of our commitment to improving Diversity and Inclusivity in the publishing industry, Yale University Press London are pleased to announce that we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer Internship. This is an excellent opportunity for a student studying towards a publishing or related qualification who is keen to gain exposure in a full-scale publishing house that operates across Europe. This role will provide insight to the various departments including, Editorial, Production, Sales and Marketing, Rights, Finance, HR, and Office Management.
Yale University Press London is an equal opportunities employer, promoting and seeking diversity. We actively encourage applicants from candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds, including, but not limited to Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals that identify as being from a lower socioeconomic background.
Originally founded in New Haven Connecticut in 1908, Yale University Press has a unique position as the only American university press, publishing serious non-fiction and fiction in translation, that contributes to a global understanding of human affairs. Our diverse and prize-winning list includes numerous prestigious museum and gallery partnerships, the Pevsner architectural guides series, and books by globally respected authors including Carmen Bambach, John Carey, Terry Eagleton, Nicholas Kenyon, Yasmin Khan, Geoffrey Parker, Thomas Piketty, Griselda Pollock, David Rieff, Zeynep Tufekci and Can Xue.
Key knowledge & skills required
- Highly organised, proactive, and efficient, with the ability to multitask and adhere to time sensitive schedules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including a high standard of written and spoken English
- IT proficiency
- Team player with a willingness to work collaboratively
- A keen interest in trade and academic publishing
- An enthusiasm for the Arts and Humanities
- Experience of working with databases would be desirable
What we can offer
The successful candidate will have access to the following benefits:
- Support to obtain accommodation in London for candidates based in areas that are far away
- Travel Allowance of 50% for commuting
- Regular Yale social events
- Book Allowance of £100
- Employee Assistance Programme (24-hour helpline)
- 24-hour access to a Virtual GP
Yale University Press London are based in Bloomsbury WC1, with convenient access to the Northern, Elizabeth and Central Underground lines as well as many bus routes.
Please send your CV and supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring you include “Summer Internship 2023” in the email subject line.
Closing date 30th May 2023
Processing and safeguarding your data - Please see our candidate privacy notice https://www.yalebooks.co.uk/page/privacy/