My Job in 5: Emma Hare
Former Bookseller All Star Emma Hare takes the reins of this week's My Job in 5 sharing with us what it's like in her new role as Account Director at Situation Publishing.
- Describe your role: I work across Europe as part of my role at Situation Publishing, the world's largest B2B technology platform, helping to shape marketing strategy for my clients and offering cross-platform solutions across our four publications: The Register, The Next Platform, Blocks & Files, and DevClass.
- What do you like best about your role? Meeting people! Part of my role is to travel to visit clients, and it's always a pleasure to put a face to a name.
- Which new projects or titles are you working on at the moment? We're working on our new podcast here at Situation, launching in early January. Other than that I'm creating my schedule for next year, and working on schedules for clients who are in 2020 planning stage at the moment.
- What skills do you need for your role? Being genuinely interested in people and the industry is a must, and good listening skills are key. But something that's often overlooked in sales is how much creativity you are able to bring to your role, designing new solutions to best fit the client's objectives.
- What advice would you give to those looking to work in the industry? Keep your ear to the ground and listen for new trends in advertising; this is an industry that continually moves forward, so it's important to keep informed. Also, a can-do attitude serves you well in all roles.