White Lion Publishing, part of the Quarto Group, is looking for an experienced commissioning editor with excellent knowledge of the international illustrated book market and plenty of commercial nous to help grow our dynamic lifestyle and popular culture list. The role will report to the Publisher, and is based at our Islington offices in White Lion Street.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ publishing experience and a proven track record of success in commissioning illustrated non-fiction books; a good understanding of what drives successful illustrated books in the UK, US trade and international co-edition markets; and an enthusiasm to be part of a great team and to shape a list of beautiful, inspiring books that will be read throughout the world.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience and a proven track record commissioning successful illustrated non-fiction titles
- A strong interest in travel, popular culture and lifestyle subject areas
- The vision and confidence to shape the direction and development of a list
- Excellent market knowledge and a keen sense of emerging lifestyle and culture trends
- Strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- The ability to build relationships with key opinion formers and influencers
This is a great opportunity to work at the heart a very collaborative commissioning team and to shape a part of a highly successful illustrated list. If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter with details of your current salary to Richard.email@example.com.