Publishing Director (Non-Fiction) – Pan Macmillan – London
Redwood Publishing Recruitment is delighted to be working with Pan Macmillan in their search for an exceptional and experienced Publishing Director to lead their expanding Non-Fiction publishing list.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented candidate who can demonstrate an excellent record of commissioning bestsellers and is able to identify authors with substantial pre-existing platforms. Your strategic mindset and strong network of contacts within the agenting community and international markets will be key in this senior appointment.
Reporting to the Pan Publisher and working as part of a busy team of three, you will have huge energy, first class editing skills, broad commissioning tastes and will work closely with your Fiction colleagues and other teams across the business.
The Non-Fiction Publishing Director will be responsible for:
- Commissioning at least ten original titles across a publishing year aimed at the UK and International bestseller lists
- Working with the Pan Publisher and the Non-Fiction publishing team on Pan’s Nonfiction Strategy inputting to the Pan strategic plan
- Managing the Non-Fiction Editor
- Working with the Rights, Sales, Marketing and Publicity teams on identifying acquisition targets and delivering titles profitably
Do you have a demonstrable track record in publishing titles that have reached UK and International bestseller lists?
Are you highly organised and able to deliver projects on the given critical path?
Do you have the profit driven mindset to work with the commercial teams on appropriate advances for titles at acquisition?
If you are thinking YES, this fantastic opportunity to work with an award-winning team could be your next career opportunity!
* Closing date for applications is Wednesday, October 20th 2021*
For further details of this role, please send your CV with a brief cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to email@example.com